Sanrio presents “Hello Kitty’s Bats and Cats Masquerade,” produced by Bubble Punch!
What: Dress to the nines and come take a look into Hello Kitty’s fantastical world in this glamorous and Gothic masquerade! This event will occur during Sanrio’s Three Apples Gallery show, which is a vast exhibition and celebration of all things Hello Kitty running from October 23 to November 15.
Where: Royal/T 8910 Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232
When: FRIDAY THE 13th! (11/13/09) 8PM – 12AM
Why: Sanrio is collaborating with Bubble Punch for a magical night of dancing, gothic-inspired costume, and Hello Kitty fanfare! This event is FREE to the public!
- Renowned DJ Amanda Jones will be featuring music from our Gothic past. Amanda has spun for long running alternative music clubs such as Das Bunker, Malediction Society, Perversion, and the legendary club Helter Skelter (1989).
- The Wandering Marionettes will also be doing a special performance utilizing their unique blend of elaborate goth-punk aesthetics with hip-hop moves and attitude, creating a truly unique, dark and mysterious glamour certain to mesmerize and inspire.
- Hello Kitty in her masquerade outfit will be in attendance to meet and greet her loyal fans! Pose with Hello Kitty and have your picture snapped in the Bats and Cats Photobooth by distinguished photographer Eron Rauch!
- Party snapshots will also be provided by Darque Eyes Studios who has provided pictures for clubs such as Malediciton Society, Das Bunker, Drunk Rockers, and Club Infirmary.
- Best Dressed (Grand prize, 2nd place, 3rd place)
- Best Dressed Group
There will also be gift bags given to the first 100 guests, so arrive early!
Keep a watch on this site for more ghoulishly delightful developments, outfit inspirations, and news from Sanrio! You can also follow us on our Twitter and Facebook for our daily updates on this exciting event!
** [UPDATE 11/10/09] PARKING INFO!
Street parking is available as well as paid parking at INCE parking structure.
The Ince Parking Structure is located 1.5 blocks west of Royal/T, at 9009 Washington Avenue. You can also enter the structure from Culver Blvd. at the Trader Joe’s entrance.
HOURS FOR FRIDAY: 8am – 3am
2 hours free parking
2 additional hours free with validation
*Royal/T does NOT validate. Tip: buy a snack from Trader Joe’s!
** [UPDATE 11/10/09] PLASTICGOD will be releasing a THIRD set of his wildly popular Hello Kitty Icon designs at the masquerade!! These will definitely be snapped up quickly! Check out more of his work at http://www.plasticgod.com/