We are so proud to present our latest project with Sanrio: the “I ❤ Nerds” Party! (Ok, technically I “Hello Kitty” Nerds…)
Sanrio is commemorating their 50th Anniversary Celebration in Los Angeles with a celebration of all things nerdy-tastic! Partnering with Loungefly, Sanrio was able to bring the Hello Kitty Nerd series to the world in the past year, and are celebrating nerds of all kinds at this one of a kind event! Check out just a few of these adorable nerd-inspired designs by Loungefly!
The party will be happening at Barkar Hangar in Santa Monica, where Sanrio is setting up shop to celebrate for an entire week of fun with all their characters! Last year you might remember the awesome times we had at Hello Kitty’s 35th Anniversary, but this year, all of her friends are showing up for the action! Keroppi, Badtz Maru, Cinnamonroll, and many more will be at the event to say hi!
This superfun nerd-themed night includes:
- Live music performance by 8 Bit Weapon and ComputeHer, nerd techno rock for the 8 bit loving and gamer lovers. Some info from their site: 8 Bit Weapon has performed their chip music across two continents with their arsenal of 8 bit weapons: Commodore 64 and 128, Apple II, couple Nintendo Gameboy classics, Nintendo N.E.S., Amiga 1200, Intellivision synthesizer, Atari 2600, Speak n Spell & Speak n Music, some hybrid lo-fi acoustic-electric drums, and an assortment of other vintage and toy synthesizers.
- Performance by the Yuki Shundo Dance Crew, the hottest group of dancers to bring their nerd love to the big stage!
- Contest for NERDIEST COSTUME with supercute prizes by Loungefly!
- Your nerds party ticket also scores you a free limited edition Hello Kitty nerds-themed crown and glasses!
- Appearance by Hello Kitty in her nerd attire for photo snaps!
- Hungry nerds can chow down at the snack booths and food trucks!
- Pose in our costume photo booth and take home a complimentary picture print!
At the party you will be able to enjoy the Sanrio art show curated by JapanLA, a fabulous Sanrio product retrospective, exclusive Sanrio items in their pop-up shop, super cute miniature golf, game booths, activities, retro arcade and a Ferris wheel will be open for your enjoyment as well!
Wanna go to this awesome nerdfest? Here are all the details on how to attend! Make sure to grab your tickets as there are a limited amount available!!
HOW: CLICK HERE to purchase tickets on BrownPaperTickets! $15 for tickets
WHERE: Barker Hangar, 3021 Airport Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90405
WHEN: Saturday, November 13 8:30PM – 11:30PM
Make sure to check back here for costume inspiration, and updates on the big night!